The Import Bookings drop-down menu outlines the various ways in which you can automatically add booking details you have in different systems into your Umapped itinerary - without having to type details out manually!
Select one of the following options from the Import Bookings drop-down menu:
A. Import from Booking InboxB. Import from GDSC. Import from ClientBaseD. Upload Booking PDFsE. Forward Email ConfirmationsF. Import from WetuG. Import from Template
A. Import from Booking Inbox
1. From Step 2: Itinerary, select Import From Booking Inbox from the Import Bookings drop-down menu.
2. Enter a Invoice Number (ClientBase), Record Locator (Sabre), Reservation Number or Passenger Last name in the Keyword field, select the Source and then click Search.
3. Check the box of the bookings you want to import into your trip and select Add to Trip.
B. Import from GDS
1. From Step 2: Itinerary, select Import from GDS from the Import Bookings drop-down menu
2. Enter the Record Locator and the Last Name associated with the reservations
3. Select your GDS from the Booking System drop-down menu
4. Click Import
C. Import from ClientBase
D. Upload Booking PDFs
1. From Step 2: Itinerary, select Import From ClientBase from the Import Bookings drop-down menu.
2. Choose your ClientBase invoice PDF file that is saved on your computer.
3. Ensure ClientBase Invoice is selected from the Itinerary Type drop-down menu.
4. Click Upload.
1. From Step 2: Itinerary, select Upload Booking PDF from the Import Bookings drop-down menu.
2. Choose your invoice PDF file that is saved on your computer.
3. Select your Itinerary Type from the Itinerary Type drop-down menu.
4. Click Upload.
F. Import from Wetu
You can forward official booking email confirmations from hundreds of different vendors into your Umapped trip itineraries.
(Click here to view the list of supported airlines, hotels, suppliers)
1. Access your email
When possible, access your email from your desktop mail program, like Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook, this is preferred over webmail.
2. Locate the original booking confirmation email that you would like to forward into Umapped
(i.e. directly from Airline, Hotel or reservations website like Booking.com)
3. Select to 'Forward' the email
4. Enter your Umapped API email in the “To” field
5. Enter the subject line as outlined below:
A. If you are adding this to an existing trip, enter the Trip name as the subject line of the email.
B. If you are creating a new trip, enter the desired Trip name as the subject line of the email or leave it as is and update it later in Step 1: Trip Info of the trip.
C. If the email contains an attachment, add #parse in the subject line. For example, if the subject line is "Family Vacation 2016" change it to "Family Vacation 2016 #parse".
6. Press Send!
7. Were you adding these booking details to an existing trip or starting a new trip?
A. If you are adding this to an existing trip, locate the trip (the Trip name will equal the subject line of the booking email confirmation you forwarded) to see the bookings that have been added in Step 2.
B. If you are starting a new itinerary, locate the Pending trip that has been created and continue to add to the trip itinerary!
8. If you cannot locate the information from the email in your trip or the Pending trip that has been created:
A. Check to see if the booking created a new trip under Pending Trips with the name of the trip as the subject line of the email. If you would like to add these bookings to a trip you have already started, please see here for instructions.
B. You can see the status of the emails you forwarded in on your API Email Activity Dashboard. To learn more, click here.
G. Import from Template
Details Coming Soon!
1. Under Step 2: Itinerary, select Import From Template from the Import Bookings drop-down menu
2. Enter the template name in the Template Name field
3. Drag and drop the bookings, on the left, into the calendar. You will be able to further edit each of the bookings once imported.